I work as a paediatric and adult Speech Pathologist with HM Speech. I graduated from the University of Newcastle in 2012 and have worked across adult and paediatric caseloads in Wagga Wagga, Orange & Canberra. Working regionally has provided me with the unique opportunity and privilege to become a true ‘generalist. I have developed skills working in specialist areas including neonatal feeding, ICU (including tracheostomy management), stroke and rehabilitation, laryngectomy management, adult and paediatric dysphagia management and children with communication and swallowing issues in community health and educational settings.
I am so excited to move to Port Macquarie in 2022 to share my experiences and work with the lovely team at HM Speech.
Outside of work you can find me walking my gorgeous Samoyed Kimi, playing board games or camping with my husband, drinking tea and eating chocolate with the girls on craft night or exploring what the local area has to offer
Relevant certificates and training I have obtained include:
- MSPA (Member of Speech Pathology Australia) & CPSP (Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist)
- Working with Vulnerable People check (ACT), Working with Children check (NSW)
- Certificate III Business (medical administration)
- Accidental counselling (Statement of attainment)
- First Aid and Mental Health first aid certificate
- Clinical supervision and leading inter-professional teams
- Competency in Adult and Paediatric Video-fluoroscopic swallowing studies, laryngectomy and tracheostomy management
- Member of the Swallow Training Education Portal (Dr Iannessa Humbert)
- Paediatric feeding training: SOS approach to feeding, SENSE-ational Mealtimes, oral hypersensitivity and feeding aversion (Sarah Starr) & Foundations for paediatric feeding (NSW Health SP Advisors Network)
- Paediatric communication: BLADES, Introduction to DIR & DIRFloortime, Best practise in speech sound disorders (Elise Baker)